Thursday, January 04, 2007

Hippy New Year!!



Well, as I said last time: when the rest of the world declares a holiday or other general hullabaloo, we make for the woods...

I went with a different crowd, and with different aims this time, though. I spent New Years' Eve, Hugmanae, back down at Devil's Den State Park, near West Fork, Arkansas. (So named because it's situated upon the west fork of the White River).

Present were my friends Tim and Genessa, with a string of Christmas lights across the front of their '67 yellow Split window VW, Adam and Kara, in their '78 tie-dyed, hand painted VW Westphalia edition with a string of white lights along the tent, and John and Amber in their mid-70s microbus standard.

Have I mentioned that I want a VW Camper? They haunt my dreams...

Here's a better shot of Tim's bus... He's proud of it.



Tim's in the process of fabricating a replica of an original Westphalia interior for it. Thus far he's got a nearly complete bed and the guts of a refrigerator. Within 2 weeks, he'll be an expert on the matter. So, anyone with questions about refitting split window buses with original style interiors can direct their questions to him here

WHOOOHOOO! Did that work? Did I include a link? Freaking YEAH!
Y'all have a happy Friday.

1 comment:

Tim said...

There is an event called "freeze your bus off" going on this weekend with camping and bus's.

I think we can call this an official VW event and call it "Hippy New Year"

Someone remind me next year!

Tim